How Branding in Advertising Works?
What is the first thing you think about when you hear the word branding? That is actually the first thought that came into my mind when I decided to write about this post. Being an advertising graduate, branding brings me back to our old lectures from our awesome ad practitioner mentors. Branding in my point of view gives persona to a certain business or company. Looking back to big brands like Coca-Cola, Nescafe, Mc Donalds, Nike and Etc. Branding creates a certain image in the consumers mind of who are those brands.
Brand marketing is where advertisers promotes the business brand by creating it’s persona to be perceived by their target market. Branding in advertising is very important because it sets the tone and character for the ad campaign. Branding is composed of different elements:
1. Brand Positioning – Identify what would make your brand unique and makes you ahead from your competitors
2. Brand Personality – The best question for this one is “how do you want your brand to be perceived?”
3. Brand Promise – This defines what would your consumer expect from your brand.
4. Brand Association – Included in this are your logo, colors and other visual elements to be used in your marketing materials. Basically it gives guidelines to your designers and creative people. Also it gives a visual image of your brand to the consumers mind.
5. Brand Story – Gives a brief background about your company history and list of products/services offered.
Check out this interesting infographics I found about believable branding and together let’s learn more about brand marketing in advertising.
Posted on September 22, 2012, in Branding and tagged Ads, Advertising, Brand, brand advertising, brand marketing, brand personality, Branding, brands, business, marketing. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.